As the Uttar Pradesh government under Yogi Adityanath completes a month, the state cabinet has decided to name an upcoming airport terminal at Gorakhpur Air Force station after Mahayogi Gorakhnath.
Mahayogi Gorakhnath is known as the founder of the Nath monastic movement. Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath is the head priest of the Gorakhnath Math. Adityanath is also a five-time MP from Gorakhpur.
Yogi Adityanath cabinet has also decided to rename the Agra airport after Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya.
ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT YOGI ADITYANATH'S ONE MONTH IN OFFICE:
- "A decision was taken to name the civil terminal being constructed in Gorakhpur Air Force Station after Mahayogi Gorakhnathji. Likewise, Agra airport will now be named after Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya," state power minister Shrikant Sharma said after the state cabinet meeting on Tuesday.
- Among other major decisions by the state cabinet was a change in nomenclature of Viklang Kalyan Vibhag or Handicap Welfare Department.
- The Yogi Adityanath government has decided to rename it as Divyang Jan Shasaktikaran Vibhag (Divyang Empowerment Department).
- The Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP) praised the Uttar Pradesh government's welfare schemes and said they have started "showing positive impact".
- "The people of the state have started realising that finally they have a government which is dedicate to their cause," said BJP's state unit spokesperson Shalabh Mani Tripathi.
- Yogi Adityanath took over as Uttar Pradesh chief minister on March 19 after the BJP registered a landslide victory in Uttar Pradesh, winning more than 300 seats in the 403-member Assembly.
- Since assuming power, Yogi Adityanath ordered a crackdown on illegal slaughterhouses in the state and a blanket ban on cow smuggling. He also ordered formation of anti-Romeo squads, a promise the party made in its election manifesto.
- Suprise inspections at police stations, ban on tobacco and paan masala in government offices have been some of the highlights of the Yogi Adityanath government.
- Loan waiver for small and marginal farmers was another major decision taken by the Uttar Pradesh chief minister. "The BJP does what it says," Shalabh Mani Tripathi said.