Terms and Conditions
This “Contest” is conducted by Yahoo India Private Limited, a company incorporated in India and having its registered office at Unit No. 304, 3rd Floor, Satellite Gazebo, East Wing, Guru Hargovindji Marg, (Andheri – Ghatkopar Link Road), Andheri (East), Mumbai – 400093 (“Yahoo” or “Oath”). By participating in this Contest you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“T&Cs”):
- You must be at least 18 years of age and a citizen and permanent resident of India to participate in this Contest. There is no participation fee and no purchase is necessary in order to participate in the Contest. Participation in this Contest is voluntary. Employees of Yahoo or any of its group companies or its agencies associated with this promotion, and their immediate family members, are not eligible to participate.
- The “Contest Criteria”, “Contest Period”, “Prize(s)” and other Contest specific details are set out on the Contest webpage referencing these T&Cs (“Contest Site”). Any pictures used to promote the Prizes are for information/illustration purpose only. Where the Prize is not cash, there is no cash alternative instead of the Prize. Yahoo reserves the right to change or substitute any of the Prizes.
- Only one entry per individual is permitted. Yahoo will not be responsible for and will not consider incomplete, ineligible or incorrect entries. Yahoo is not responsible for entries that are sent but not received by Yahoo for any reason. Yahoo reserves the right to disqualify any entry or application which, in Yahoo’s sole opinion, is inappropriate in any way for this Contest.
- At the end of the Contest Period, all valid entries and any Materials (as defined below) submitted as part of the Contest will be evaluated and judged by, and entirely in the sole and absolute discretion of, a panel of Yahoo representatives. Winners will be announced on the Contest Site and will be notified via email. Winners may be required to provide, contact details and a valid proof of identity and age when claiming the Prize. In the event that a representative is collecting the Prize, the winner’s authorization letter and proof of identification as well as the representative’s proof of identification may also be requested.
- Reasonable effort will be made to contact the winners. If a winner cannot be contacted, Yahoo may award, assign or dispose of any uncollected Prizes in any manner in its sole discretion. Winners must claim their Prizes by date specified on the Contest Site or notified via email. Yahoo does not accept any responsibility for any winner’s failure to claim/collect the Prize.
- Reporting and payment of all applicable taxes, fees, and/or surcharges, if any, arising out of, or resulting from, acceptance or use of a Prize are the sole responsibility of the winner of that Prize. For the avoidance of doubt, except as specifically stated, the prizes do not include and Yahoo will not be responsible or liable for any tax, insurance, telecommunication charge, travel expense and/or any other personal expense that the winners incur or may incur in connection with the acceptance, receipt or use of the Prizes or travel to and from the Prize redemption venue (as the case may be), which will remain the sole responsibility of the winners.
- Yahoo expressly disclaims any responsibility or liability for any damage, injury or loss to or suffered by any person, entity or property directly or indirectly arising from or relating to the delivery, collection and/or subsequent use of any Prize. Yahoo makes no representations or warranties, whether express or implied, or in fact or in law, concerning the quality, appearance, safety or performance of any Prize awarded. Yahoo is not obliged to and will not replace any Prize with a similar Prize or any other Prizes, in the event the winner and/or his/her designee or nominee are unable to enjoy the Prize. Yahoo will not replace any lost or stolen Prize items.
- You represent and warrant that you own all rights, titles and interests to and in any slogan and/or any other materials (if any) submitted via your application or entry on the Contest Site or via email (the “Materials”) and can provide written confirmation of any of the above upon request. You further warrant and represent that the Materials are original and have been legally obtained and created, and do not infringe the intellectual property rights or any other legal or moral rights of any third party. You hereby grant to Yahoo and its affiliates, legal representatives, assigns and licensees, the right and permission to copy (as appropriate), reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, broadcast, display, publicly perform, exhibit and/or otherwise use or reuse (without limitation as to when or to the number of times used), Materials in any media throughout the world for any purpose without additional review, compensation, or approval.
- You shall indemnify and keep Yahoo and its representatives harmless and indemnified against any loss, damage, claims, costs and expenses which may be incurred or suffered by Yahoo or its representatives due to: (i) breach of any T&Cs contained herein, (ii) violation of any applicable law, or (iii) infringement of any intellectual property rights or other proprietary right of a third party by you, in connection with your participation in the Contest, or Materials or information provided by you.
- Except as otherwise required by applicable law, Yahoo is not responsible for any loss or damage associated with you entering into this Contest, the carrying out of the draw or the provision or otherwise of any aspect of any Prize or any act or omission of any other person or party, and all warranties, conditions and representations (of any kind) not expressly set out in these T&Cs are hereby excluded.
- Yahoo reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to alter the Contest rules at any time. Yahoo may assign or transfer its rights or obligations, or subcontract its obligations, under these T&Cs without your consent. Yahoo may terminate these T&Cs or withdraw the Contest or any Prize at any time and for any reason. Yahoo’s decision concerning all matters of this Contest shall be final. The T&Cs of this Contest are subject to the laws of India. All disputes in respect of this Contest shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of competent court/s at Mumbai.