SKOPJE, Macedonia (AP) — The latest on the mass movement of asylum-seekers and others seeking refuge in Europe. All times local:
World News Headlines
- In the land of Scrooge, a soft spot for Christmas ads
- Ferrari hometown overwhelmed by roar of test-driving fans
- Swiss court convicts ex-HSBC employee for leaking bank data
GENEVA (AP) — A Swiss court has convicted in absentia a former employee with international bank HSBC for economic espionage and sentenced him to five years in prison.
- Survey shows German consumers losing confidence
BERLIN (AP) — A closely-watched survey shows German consumers are losing confidence amid growing concerns of an economic slump.
- Police name suspect in Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood s …
By Keith Coffman COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (Reuters) - The suspect in a deadly shooting at a Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood clinic was named on Saturday as Robert L. Dear, 57, the Colorado Springs Police public affairs' section said in a Tweet. The gunman who stormed the clinic on Friday killed three people and wounded nine others before surrendering to police after a bloody siege lasting several hours inside the facility, authorities said. The assailant in Colorado Springs, Colorado's second largest city, was armed with a rifle when he entered the clinic - a site repeatedly targeted for protests by anti-abortion activists - and opened fire shortly before noon on Friday, authorities said.
- Hollande, activists gear up for critical climate talks
- Carson after camp tour: Absorb Syrian refugees in Mideast
AZRAQ REFUGEE CAMP, Jordan (AP) — Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson said Saturday, after visiting a camp for Syrian refugees, that the displaced should be absorbed by Middle Eastern countries, with the international community sending aid and "encouragement" to the host nations.
- Egypt says 90 percent chance of hidden rooms in Tut tomb
- Use of banned pesticide not isolated event in US territories
- By 2050, half of world's child brides to be in AfricaThu 26 Nov, 2015
- Historic day-night match will promote Test cricket: ICCThu 26 Nov, 2015
- Saudi Arabia lists 12 Hezbollah leaders as terroristsThu 26 Nov, 2015