`Wonderful` MS Dhoni doesn't need to prove anything to anyone: Shane Warne
Australian spin legend Shane Warne has come in support of under-fire Mahendra Singh Dhoni, saying the former Indian skipper is a 'class and wonderful' player in all the three formats of the game and doesn't need to prove anything to anyone.
Dhoni is currently under the scanner for his poor run in the ongoing tenth edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL). Removed from being the captain of Rising Pune Supergiant before the start of the league, the wicketkeeper-batsman has scored just 61 runs in five games, at a dismal strike rate of 87.14.
Despite being in the list of batsmen who have hit maximum sixes in IPL history, the 35-year-old has so far hit just two sixes in the tournament.
'@msdhoni does not have to prove anything to anyone, he's class & a wonderful player in all formats. MS is also a great captain & inspires !' Warne tweeted.
.@msdhoni does not have to prove anything to anyone, he's class & a wonderful player in all formats. MS is also a great captain & inspires !— Shane Warne (@ShaneWarne) April 18, 2017
While Dhoni's wicket-keeping skills are still the best in the business, his fans would be hoping him to score big and help Pune, which is currently languishing at the sixth spot in the points table, revive their campaign in the tournament.
- IPL 10, Match Preview: Gujarat Lions vs Royal Challengers Bangalore
- IPL 10: RCB need to more proactive, says Daniel Vettori
- IPL 10, KKR Vs DD: Kolkata need to register big win against Delhi to become table-toppers again
- In very good shape at the moment: Jaydev Unadkat
- IPL 2017: Kolkata Knight Riders thrashes high-flying Kings XI Punjab