Woman Dies After Jumping in Front of Local Train With Baby in Her Arms at Jogeshwari Station in Mumbai; Infant Survives

Team Latestly

Mumbai, May 22: In a tragic incident, a woman in Mumbai ended her life by jumping in front of the running earlier this week. Reports inform that the woman was carrying her nine-month-old girl with her when she took this extreme step of ending her life. According to a report by TOI, the 24-year-old woman jumped in front of a train with the infant at Jogeshwari railway station in Mumbai. While the woman lost her life, the infant survived with minor injuries. The report further informs that the woman took the fatal step after a dispute with her husband. Mumbai Local Trains Disrupted on Western Line Due to Technical Glitch at Goregaon Station. 

Also Read | Virgin Atlantic to Fly Mumbai-London from October 27, Booking to Begin From May 28

According to a report by TOI, the woman’s husband is an auto driver while the victim was a housewife. Police said that it appears to be a suicide case. The deceased, Gayatri Jaiswal, lived with her husband, Sushil, and their daughter, Niyati, at Jogeshwari (West). The incident was reported on May 19 on platform number 3 at Jogeshwari station and was captured by CCTV cameras. Immediately after the incident took, the woman was rushed to the hospital where she was declared brought dead.

Inspector Sanjay Patil was quoted by TOI saying that the CCTV captured Gayatri jumping before the running train around 2 PM. “She was holding the infant. The baby landed between the tracks and did not come in contact with the train”, Patil informed.

Also Read | ICC Cricket World Cup 2019: Indian Team Departs For England, View Pics of Virat Kohli, MS Dhoni and other Players Leaving From Mumbai Airport (View Pics & Video)

On Wednesday, scores of commuters in Mumbai faced inconvenience during peak hours after local trains were disrupted on the Western Line. The delay was due to a technical glitch at Goregaon station, thus causing havoc at railway platform. Reports inform that the local train services remained affected for about 45 minutes on the Western Line and resumed at around 7:50 AM.