Your search for the best windows and doors will reveal just how many products there are on today’s market. One of the most common questions is whether we should choose vinyl or wood windows. Here are some reasons why vinyl is the superior choice.
Benefits of vinyl windows
If you take a stroll or drive around your neighborhood, you might notice just how many homes have opted for vinyl rather than wood. Here are some of the top benefits of vinyl windows:
- Easy installation: Vinyl windows are lightweight and easy to install. Professionals can install them in minutes and you could even install them yourself if you are experienced with DIY.
- Low maintenance: Unlike wood, vinyl windows are easy to maintain. You don’t have to worry about them warping due to humidity or temperature changes. You also don’t have to worry about them rotting.
- Energy efficiency: Vinyl is excellent for insulation and energy efficiency. They will not transfer temperatures from the exterior to the interior of your home. In other words, you will enjoy a warmer home in winter, and a cooler home in summer.
- Affordability: If you are worried about whether you can afford these windows, it’s important to note that they can last as long as 10 years. So, you will enjoy a great return on your investment.
- Non-flammable: Fires are always a concern in every home. Vinyl, unlike wood, is not flammable. It’s a great step to take in making your home safer.
Disadvantages of wood windows
If you are not yet convinced regarding the benefits of vinyl windows, here are some of the main disadvantages of wood windows.
- Maintenance: Wood is far from maintenance-free and you will need to regularly sand, varnish and treat the wood in order to prevent lasting damage.
- Flammable: It should go without saying that wood is flammable which is never good news for those who are trying to make their home as fire-safe as possible.
- Tougher installation: Wood windows are significantly more complicated to install. The process is more labor-intensive and time-consuming.
If you want wood frames just because of the way that they look, it is worth remembering that vinyl windows come in all styles and colors. There are even those that look just like wood. Both your windows and doors can offer the best of both worlds when you choose high-quality materials along with a wood look.
(Syndicated press content)