Cast of characters & organizations:
* Aarushi Talwar and Hemraj Banjade were murdered in Aarushi's home in Noida after midnight on 15-16 May, 2008. She was a class IX student about to turn 14. He was her family's 45-year-old live-in house help.
* Rajesh and Nupur Talwar were Aarushi's dentist parents and now the prime accused for the murders, referred to below as 'the Talwars'.
* Krishna Thadarai, Raj Kumar and Vijay Mandal were Hemraj's friends and all serving as domestic or office staff in the Talwars' neighbourhood. Krishna was an assistant in Rajesh Talwar's clinic. Raj Kumar was a domestic help with the Talwars' friends Drs Praful and Anita Durrani. Mandal was another domestic help in the Talwar neighborhood. Hemraj, Krishna and Raj Kumar had all been recruited through the Talwars' previous domestic help, Vishnu; all four were immigrants in Noida of Nepali origin.
* Sunil Dohare is the doctor who conducted Aarushi's postmortem. Naresh Raj is the doctor who conducted Hemraj's postmortem.
* MS Dahiya is a physicist by training and was at the Forensic Science Lab in Gandhinagar when he wrote a report on this murder case in October 2009.
* Sanjay Chauhan is an Uttar Pradesh government officer with no previous relation to the Talwars who claims to have visited their house, uninvited, the morning after the murders.
* The Central Forensic Science Laboratory (CFSL) in New Delhi is under the Central Bureau of Investigation's administrative control. The Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics (CDFD) is located in Hyderabad. The All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) is a premier medical college and research center based in New Delhi.
Gaurav Jain is a writer and literary critic. He is an editor for Yahoo Originals and won the 2012 Mumbai Press Club Award for his investigation into the Aarushi-Hemraj murder case. Follow him at https://twitter.com/MauMauing