West Bengal: Police seize arms, intercepts two in Murshidabad
The West Bengal Police on 26 April, seized sixteen arms and fifty round ammunitions in Murshidabad district and intercepted two people in a vehicle at Sagardighi police station area.
The police could recover carbine, DVBL gun, one improvised rifle, 6.7mm improvised gun and seven pipe guns.
The accused have been identified as Saidul Sk and Safar Ali.
In another similar raid, the police arrested three people and recovered one DVBL gun, 2.7mm improvised gun and three pipe guns.
An investigation is currently underway in this regard.
Further details are awaited.
- Arms bribery case: Businessman Abhishek Verma, wife discharged by court
- Bribery case: Dinakaran moves bail application
- Supreme Court suggests Centre to give statutory status to NGO registration
- Indian envoy files appeal with Pak Foreign Secy for early release of Kulbhushan Jadhav
- BJP will punish perpetrators of Sukma encounter: Amit Shah