Here are the top headlines of the day:
1. West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee injured in Nandigram, alleges 'deliberate attack'
Banerjee was allegedly pushed by unknown miscreants while campaigning for West Bengal assembly elections in Nandigram, suffered severe bone injuries
2. TMC postpones manifesto release due to Mamata Banerjee's injury
The party decided to delay the release of its poll manifesto as TMC chief Mamata Banerjee was admitted to a hospital after receiving injuries during her campaign trail in Nandigram.
3. TMC blames BJP for the attack on Banerjee in Nandigram, alleges 'conspiracy'
BJP slammed these claims stating that it is a stunt and drama.
4. PC Chacko quits Congress
Veteran Congress leader PC Chacko quits party ahead of Kerala polls
5. Kamal Haasan's MNM-SDPI alliance finalized
Makkal Needhi Maiam led by Kamal Haasan has tied the alliance with the Social Democratic Party of India (SDPI) for the upcoming Tamil Nadu Assembly Elections.
6. 'Sachin Vaze is not Osama Bin Laden': Uddhav Thackeray on transferred Mumbai cop
'It is not right to target a person and hang him and then investigate,' says Maharashtra CM Uddhav Thackeray on transferred Mumbai cop.
7. ‘Quad’ meeting jitters China
Chinese military asked to be prepared to respond to complex and difficult situations
8. SC issues notice to Defence Ministry
The top court asks why women aspirants are kept out of NDA.