Aside from the usual suspects like Rajinikanth and Shah Rukh Khan that always draw the maximum crowds, a dance choreography studio and a popular YouTube sensation also saw their content drawing the most number of views on YouTube.
Wanna know what were the top 10 most watched videos on the platform in India in 2018? Well, dive right in to a list that has been shared by YouTube itself.
1. Teri Aakhya Ka Yo Kajal | One Take | Tejas Dhoke Choreography | Dancefit Live
Views: 105 Million
Indians obviously love to dance. Proof of that is in the hundreds of millions of views to this choreography tutorial of the year’s biggest haryanvi super-hit song Teri Aakhya Ka Yo Kajal.
2. Zero | Eid Teaser | Shah Rukh Khan | Salman Khan | Aanand L Rai | 21 Dec 2018
Views: 101 million
Indian film trailers have always evoked a lot of curiosity among our YouTube janta. So it’s no surprise that SRK’s ‘Zero’ has amassed a whopping 101 million views in very little time.
3. Daru Badnaam | One Take | Tejas Dhoke Choreography | DanceFit Live
Views: 97 million
Dance lessons once again proved a massive hit on YouTube, with Tejas Dhoke choreography studio scoring yet another viral tag courtesy their steps to the Punjabi hit Daru Badnaam.
4. Sanju | Official Teaser | Ranbir Kapoor | Rajkumar Hirani
Views: 68 million
While there have been many amazing films this year from the Hindi film industry, the film trailer for Sanju beat them in all in the numbers game.
5. 2.0 - Official Teaser [Hindi] | Rajinikanth | Akshay Kumar | A R Rahman | Shankar | Subaskaran
Views: 53 million
Trailing behind ‘Sanju’ by a good 15 million views is the trailer for 2.0 starring Rajinikanth and Akshay Kumar.
6. Behan Bhai Ki School Life - Amit Bhadana
Views: 40 million
Comedian Amit Badhana’s widely watched funny video on brother-sister relationships is yet another example of the mantra that when it comes to digital, relatable content is everything.
7. Zumba On Bom Diggy Diggy Bum
Views: 36 million
The Zumba may be low on energy, but the views to this video are certainly high. India loves its dance moves, eh?
8. Dastaan - E - Dhokha *Amit Bhadana*
Views: 31 million
In which YouTube sensation Amit Badhana once again strikes a four with his fun video on relationships.
9. City Crime | Crime Patrol | चुप्पी | Mumbai
Views: 22 million
CID is still the baap of all detective shows, at least on YouTube. This episode, for instance, raked in a whopping 22 million views. How, just how? Daya, daal mein kuch to kaala hai!
10. Kaala (Tamil) - Official Teaser | Rajinikanth | Pa Ranjith | Dhanush | Santhosh Narayanan
Views: 13 million
The last but not the least entry to the top most watched views on YouTube India happens to be the trailer for Kaala, the sociopolitical action drama film. After all, they don’t call it Rajini magic for nothing.
. Read more on Web Culture by The Quint.RSS & BJP’s Nehru-Netaji ‘Cosplay’: Irony Dies a Thousand DeathsWatched Any Of These Top 10 Most Watched Videos On YouTube India? . Read more on Web Culture by The Quint.