Visakhapatnam: Wreath laying ceremony held for Kupwara braveheart Naik Venkataramana
A wreath laying ceremony was held with full honours at at INS Dega in Visakhapatnam as the nation paid tributes to Naik Venkataramana, who lost his life in Kupwara terror attack on 27 April.
The ceremony was conducted by Colonel B Parkhe Admin Commandant, Station HQs (Army) Visakhapatnam and Captain SA Joglekar, Commanding Officer INS Dega.
PGVR Naidu Gana Babu, an MLA from Visakhapatnam West constituency, representatives of the District Administration, police and Captain P. Satya Prasad (Retd.), Zilla Sainik Welfare Officer, also paid tributes to the deceased.
Following the ceremony the body of the soldier was shifted to his home at Asavanipalem in Visakhapatnam.
Three bravehearts on Thursday made the supreme sacrifice for the country when terrorists launched an ambush on the Panzgam camp, near Chowkibal in Jammu and Kashmir's Kupwara district.
Seven other soldiers were also injured in the attack whereas two terrorists were neutralised.
- AAP entered politics with 'anti-corruption' agenda, now corrupt themselves: BJP
- Google CEO Sundar Pichai made nearly $200 million in 2016
- Kerala: One-day sports meet held for transgender athletes
- Arvind Kejriwal's image now lies in tatters: BJP
- Muzaffarnagar: Wedding called off over 'meatless menu', bride finds another groom