Vienna Terror Attack: ISIS Officially Claims Responsibility, Releases Video Saying Attack Was Carried Out by One of Its Men Abu Dujana Al-Albani

Team Latestly
·2-min read

Vienna, November 4: ISIS has claimed responsibility for the terror attack that left four victims dead in Vienna, the capital of Austria. The ISIS released a video and claimed the responsibility for Vienna terror attack in Austria saying that the attacks were carried by one of its men named Abu Dujana al-Albani. According to a report by The Independent, the attacker named Kujtim Fejzulai, who was shot dead by police during the attack, had pledged allegiance to ISIS in an Instagram post after the rampage and used the name Abu Dujana al-Albani in his post.

Also Read | Vienna 'Terror' Attack: 4 Dead, Several Injured in Shooting Incidents in Austrian Capital; One Suspect Killed, Here is All we Know So Far

According to a report by news agency AFP, the ISIS also carried a photograph of the armed assailant in which the ISIS propaganda arm Amaq cited 'a gun attack yesterday (Monday) by an ISIS fighter in the city of Vienna'. The Police informed that several shots were fired shortly after 8 pm on a lively street in the city centre and that there were six shooting locations.

Here's the Video Shared by Aditya Raj Kaul:

Also Read | Vienna 'Terror' Attack: At least 2 Dead, Over 15 Injured in Shooting Incident, One Suspect Shot Dead

A total of four people died in the shooting while one assailant was also killed. Moreover, 17 other people were wounded in a shooting which took place in the heart of Vienna. Several gunmen opened fire on people enjoying a last evening out in Vienna before a coronavirus lockdown on Monday. Austrian Chancellor Sebastian Kurz said, “I am glad that our police were able to neutralise one of the attackers". “We will never allow ourselves to be intimidated by terrorism and will fight these attacks with all means", Kurz said.