A major tragedy was averted when a luggage van of 4674 Shaheed Express caught fire in Ludhiana railway station. Hosiery goods worth lakhs of rupees were destroyed in the fire. The incident took place when porters were loading hosiery goods in the luggage coach. Being flammable, the hosiery goods caught fire in no time and the whole coach started burning. The Shaheed Express arrived from Amritsar and it was heading towards Jaynagar in Uttar Pradesh. The fire engines soon reached the spot to douse the fire. According to reports, the incident happened due to a short circuit. Further details are awaited.