Uttarakhand: Fire breaks out in furniture shop due to crackers, later doused by firefighters

ANI
Visuals from the mishap. (Photo/ANI)
Visuals from the mishap. (Photo/ANI)

Uttarkashi (Uttarakhand) [India], November 14 (ANI): A fire broke out in a furniture shop in the Pipal Mandi area of Uttarkashi district here on Saturday. It was soon doused after the immediate intervention of the fire department.

According to Ramesh Chandra Gautam, a firefighter, the incident took place due to a mishap with fireworks. Furniture worth Rs 8 lakh has been damaged.

No casualties were reported. (ANI)