Video Producer: Hera Khan
Video Editor: Mohd. Ibrahim
A large number of items including petrol, diesel, gold, silver, cigarettes, fully-imported cars and split air conditioners (ACs) will become more expensive due to hike in taxes, as proposed by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman in the Union Budget for 2019-20.
At the same time, certain items such as electric vehicle components, camera module and charger of mobile phones and set-top boxes will become cheaper.
- Petrol and diesel
- Cigarettes, hookah, chewing tobacco and other tobacco products
- Gold and other precious metals
- Fully imported cars
- Split air-conditioners
- Digital camera/video recorder
- Imported books
- CCTV cameras
- Cashew kernels
- Imported plastics
- Raw materials for manufacture of soap
- Vinyl flooring, tiles
- Optical fibre
- Ceramic tiles and wall tiles
- Imported stainless steel products
- Imported auto parts
- Newsprint and paper for newspaper and magazines
- Marble slabs
- Mountings for furniture
- Charger/ power adapter of CCTV camera/IP camera
- Electric vehicle components
- Camera module and charger of mobile phones
- Set top box
- Import of defence equipment, not manufactured in India
- Naphtha, wool fibres, inputs for manufacture of artificial kidney and disposable sterilised dialyser, and fuels for nuclear power plants.
(With inputs from PTI)
. Read more on India by The Quint.RSS & BJP’s Nehru-Netaji ‘Cosplay’: Irony Dies a Thousand DeathsIndia vs SL World Cup Live: Sri Lanka Set India a 265-Run Target . Read more on India by The Quint.