Jose Mourinho's overhaul of his Tottenham squad will not stop with the signings of Gareth Bale and Sergio Reguilon, with the Portuguese now set to target a striker and a centre-half as well as offloading unwanted players.
Bale and Reguilon today flew to London on the same plane to complete their moves to Spurs from Real Madrid in the club's most exciting double-deal since Ossie Ardiles and Ricky Villa in 1982.
Thursday night's turgid 2-1 win over Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Europa League second qualifying round underlined why Spurs are taking a calculated risk to bring Bale, 31, back to the club.
The Wales international has agreed a season-long loan, thought to be costing Spurs under £15million in wages and fees with Real continuing to pay at least half of his £600,000-a-week salary.
Reguilon, who will cost £27million, is expected to sign a long-term deal, with the option for Real to buy him back for a 50 percent premium in future.
The pair completed medicals and said their goodbyes in Madrid yesterday and they could be unveiled together later on Friday.
Bale is not expected to be in the squad for Sunday's league match at Southampton, where he began his career before joining Spurs as a 17-year-old, after picking up a knock on international duty last month.
The Welshman, who returns to England having won four Champions League titles, could be put on an intensive fitness programme after so little football in the past two years.
Bale's agent, Jonathan Barnett, told The Telegraph on Friday the forward was returning to Spurs to "get some happiness back in his life" and "show the world what a great player he is" after his relationship with the Real fans, head-coach Zinedine Zidane and the Spanish media broke down irreparably.
Mourinho will next turn his attentions to signing a new striker, having failed in an approach for Southampton's Danny Ings, who Spurs must contain on Sunday.
Saints insisted Ings is not for sale at any price, although Spurs are continuing to monitor the situation over his contract, which has two years to left to run.
Bas Dost, the experienced Eintracht Frankfurt forward, is also on Mourinho's radar but target Arkadiusz Milik looks set to join Roma from Napoli.
Spurs are also in the market for a centre-half, with Benfica's Ruben Dias among Mourinho's preferred options. The Portuguese club flatly refused to sell the 23-year-old, who is represented by Mourinho's longtime associate Jorge Mendes, in January but the financial impact of the shutdown and their failure to qualify for the Champions League may force a rethink.
The Spurs manager is conscious that he will have to start trimming the fat from his squad and Danny Rose, Juan Foyth, Paulo Gazzaniga and Serge Aurier could all leave the club on permanent deals before the end of the month, while Ryan Sessegnon could go on loan.
Dele Alli (below) is another player with an uncertain future after he was left out of the squad for last night's match in Bulgaria. Spurs do not currently expect Dele to leave before the October 5 transfer deadline but they would listen to serious offers for the 24-year-old.
Late goals from Kane and Tanguy Ndombele in Bulgaria on Thursday set up a trip to Macedonia to play Shkendija in the second of three Europa League qualifying rounds next Thursday.
Spurs will face Chelsea or Barnsley in the Carabao Cup fourth-round if they beat Leyton Orient on Tuesday, the day before returning to the Balkans.