Three thrashed by gau rakshaks, Delhi Police assures action
Three men, who were transporting buffaloes in a truck, were beaten up by 'gau rakshaks' near the Kalkaji metro station in south Delhi last night.
As per the police, the victims are being treated at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Trauma Centre here.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) Ramil Baniya while talking to the media here assured a thorough investigation into the matter and also promised legal action against the perpetrators.
'In the Police Control Room of Kalkaji area, a call was received at the night, where the caller gave information about the incident. He further said that cattle's are being taken in a truck in a cruel manner,' he said.
The three men were transporting 14 buffaloes in a truck to east Delhi's Ghazipur mandi when they were stopped by members of the non-governmental organization.
The victims have been identified as Rizwan (25), Ashu (28) and Kamil (25). Currently, a case has been registered against them under the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act. Further investigation is underway.
- BJP raps Power Minister, backs 'courageous' Devikulam Sub-Collector
- GST, doubling farmers' income on agenda as PM chairs NITI Aayog meet
- Karnataka: 6-year-old falls into 400-feet borewell, rescue operation underway
- Madhya Pradesh: One killed, five injured in Chhatarpur road accident
- Promising 'sensible governance', Ajay Maken says Delhi should vote for Congress