Syria: Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi's close associate killed
An ISIS terrorist, linked to the deadly New Year's eve attack on Istanbul's Reina nightclub, was killed in Syria last month by the American forces, U.S.' Middle East command confirmed.
Abdurakhmon Uzbeki was killed by American forces near the eastern Syrian city of Mayadin on April 6, reports Anadolu.
Uzbeki was a close associate of ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, Central Command spokesman Col. John Thomas said.
Uzbek is said to have helped carry out the deadly attack that killed 39 victims at the nightclub.
"We've clearly linked him with the Istanbul" attack, Thomas said.
Thomas further said that Uzbeki was a key facilitator of ISIS' funds and foreign fighters.
- PM Modi condemns Taliban attack in Afghanistan
- Man arrested with pistols, live cartridges, stengun
- T T V Dinakaran leaves for Delhi to face questions over bribery charges
- SC imposes Rs 1 lakh fine on government for failing to act for widows welfare
- Congress backs Rajnath's assertion on safety of Kashmiris