Supreme Court suggests Centre to give statutory status to NGO registration
The Supreme Court on 26 April,suggested the Central Government to give statutory status to NGO registration, accreditation and funding process instead of existing guidelines.
On 26 April,The apex court observed that the present guidelines may not be systematic enough.
The apex court while hearing the PIL today asked the Centre to apprise it within eight weeks whether it is intended to continue with the present guidelines or would likely to regulate the NGO through legislation.
- Indian envoy files appeal with Pak Foreign Secy for early release of Kulbhushan Jadhav
- BJP will punish perpetrators of Sukma encounter: Amit Shah
- Tamil Nadu: Removal of VK Sasikala posters brings AIADMK rival factions closer
- Sukma attack: CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan announces ex-gratia of Rs. 25 lakh for family of CRPF Jawan of MP
- Ashok Gehlot appointed as General Secretary of Gujarat Congress