Supreme Court asks CBFC, Centre to respond to filmmaker Palekar's plea
The Supreme Court on Monday issued a notice to the Centre and the Central Board of Film Certification ( CBFC) asking both to file a reply on noted actor and filmmaker Amol Palekar's plea.
Palekar had moved the apex court seeking certain relaxations in censorship rules by means of removal of pre-censorship of movies.
A notice has been issued to the Information and Broadcasting Ministry and the censor board, based on the PIL, in order to relax the pre-censorship seen on Indian films.
- Don't know accused middleman, will fight case legally: Dinakaran
- Supreme Court allows Tamil Nadu farmers to file intervention application in suicide cases
- Let Muslims solve Triple Talaq issue themselves: Digvijaya Singh
- Swachh Bharat is a part of preventive healthcare initiatives: PM Modi
- Muzaffarnagar: Women protest against liquor shop in village