Sunny Leone was first choice for special number, says Praveen Sattaru
Filmmaker Praveen Sattaru, who has roped in actress Sunny Leone for a special number in his upcoming Telugu action thriller 'PSV Garuda Vega', says she was the first choice for the song.
'Sunny was the first choice I had in mind even before I informed my producers. The song comes at an important juncture in the film and it needed a very familiar face. While we had plenty of options in the Telugu film industry, I believed Sunny's presence will help in drawing the masses,' Sattaru told IANS.
He also clarified it's not an item song.
'It's a song that's part of the narrative. It's not a standalone item number. In fact, it's the only song in the second half of the film. Sunny will be seen in a rustic avatar and the song will be shot in Kerala,' he said.
The film stars Rajasekhar in the lead. He plays a police officer.
'This project will reinvent his on-screen cop avatar. It will be a very realistic police story,' he added.
Also starring Pooja Kumar, Shraddha Das and Adith Arun, the film is gearing up for release soon.
This will be Sunny's second Telugu film. She had earlier played a cameo in 2014 Telugu film 'Current Theega'.
- Couldn't care less about name calling on social media: Richa Chadha
- Aishwaryaa Dhanush's special performance at UN on Women's Day
- There are not many films on Partition, women : Vidya Balan
- Richa Chadha to sing in her next film
- 5 years after Ready, Salman Khan and Paresh Rawal team up for Tiger Zinda Hai!