New Delhi [India], Apr. 22 (ANI): Summer is here and with it, we have sun tan and sun burns too.
While we ensure that adequate protection is taken to safeguard the skin and hair from the harsh rays of the sun, the feet are often neglected during summer beauty rituals. Wearing the wrong footwear can not only affect your feet but can also make you feel uncomfortable.
The weather can cause excessive sweating on your feet and lead to a stench or worse, can cause serious infections. Hence, as the temperature soars, you should keep the right pair of shoes alongside.
Hence, here are few styles of shoes and sandals, listed by Jimmy Kaul, managing director and co- founder, Shopotox, which can help to keep the summer woes at bay.
- Flip flops: If you are looking for open-toed options this summer, then flip flops are a good alternative. However, for summer, instead of wearing plastic or rubber flip flops, look for leather ones that are sure to keep your feet comfy. Leather is a breathable material that can save your feet from irritation and excessive pressure.
- Espadrilles: Those who do not like wearing heels can try espadrilles, as they go well with any outfit from sundresses, shorts to trousers. Espadrilles are trending this season as they are not only comfortable but come in several patterns such as flats, wedged, ribboned, coloured, striped or buckled, and are highly sought-after for their versatility. This summer, slip on espadrilles and look summer ready!
- Sneakers: Forget the regular sneakers that you wear for jogging; look for more durable, breathable and lightweight sneakers to give a boost to your sporty look. Wear them with or without socks to keep your summer style on point. With trendy patterns available in stores now, one can sport sneakers with denims or blazers. They blend well with different styles and are sure to offer you complete comfort and protection.
- Loafers: One of the safest footwear options for both formal and casual events, loafers are a common staple found in the wardrobes of both men and women. Available in a variety of styles and colours, loafers are the perfect choice for summers, especially for their comfortable and elegant avatars.
- Strappy sandals: Looking for sandals that allow your feet to breathe and look casual at the same time in this hot weather? Try out the strappy leather sandals that come in different peppy colours. Pair these beauties with maxi skirts or flowery sundresses to carry off the summer look in style. Ensure that these sandals offer the feet ample support and are not too tight for the feet.
- Wedges: Unlike stilettos, wedges are comfortable and easy to stroll around in. The added vertical advantage they give you is obviously a big plus! This summer, slip into some funky, floral printed or natural, skin-toned wedges to rock your look. They ought to be the perfect choice for any occasion!
- Uggs/Pool slides: Looking for trendy pool slides this summer? Ditch the summer staples for colorful fur slides and make sure you're making a style statement in the hot weather. They ought to be one of the biggest trends this summer, with their simple, comfy and versatile attributes. The fur trend is here to stay and there is no denying how modish these sandals are!
- Mules: Versatile and comfortable, mules add a touch of boho flair to your appearance. You can choose from a wide variety of styles such as ankle-strap, criss-cross upper or a closed-toe style that come in different heel heights. This summer, use your mules with a dress and give the outfit an added oomph or pair them with cropped pants to flaunt your footwear a bit.
- Brogues: Be it in pastels or metallic shades, brogues are shoes that every woman should own. They are stylish and give a playful look with dresses and flirty skirts. If you want to infuse a powerful touch to your otherwise super-feminine outfits, then brogues are the ideal choice. (ANI)