Father of a Malegaon blast victim on Thursday filed an application against Sadhvi Pragya Thakur seeking to restrict her from contesting the Lok Sabha elections, Mumbai Mirror reported.
Thakur was on Wednesday inducted into the BJP and named the party’s candidate from Bhopal against Congress leader and former Madhya Pradesh chief minister Digvijay Singh.
In his application, Nisar Bilal asked special NIA judge Vinod Padalkar to direct Thakur to attend court proceedings regularly. He said she had been granted conditional bail by the high court for health reasons, on the pretext she was a cancer patient, Mirror reported.
According to Firstpost, Thakur was granted bail by the Bombay High Court in April 2017 because she “suffering from breast cancer” and “unable to walk even without support”.
Thakur had been discharged by a court on charges under the stringent Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) in the 2008 case, but is still facing trial under other criminal provisions including the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act.
On Wednesday, speaking to the media after the announcement of her candidature, Thakur alleged that “They (the then Congress government) misused the law, disrespected a woman, and tortured me unlawfully”.
“I will ensure that the country remains secure, and those who are talking against the nation should now beware,” she said.
As to the Malegaon case, Thakur said she had got a “clean chit”, and all the conspiracies against her had failed.
Thakur also tore into Digvijay Singh. “He (Singh) has sown the seeds of defamation of our Sanatam Dharma (Hinduism) and the saffron. He termed the saffron and Hindutva as terrorism,” Thakur alleged.
(With PTI inputs)
This article originally appeared on HuffPost.