Stocks (^DJI, ^GSPC, ^IXIC) are lower at the midday mark, with the real estate sector (XLRE) leading the way down and energy (XLE) still barely in the green. Alan Valdes, director of floor operations at Silverbear, joins us live from the New York Stock Exchange. To discuss the other big stories of the day, Alexis Christoforous is joined by Yahoo Finance’s Rick Newman and Nicole Sinclair.
Today’s Midday Movers topics:
- Retail earnings crater
- Crude oil up nearly 10% off May low
- Shakeup in virtual reality
- Obamacare state exchanges face existential threat
- America’s highest paid executives
- Why Netflix CEO is mad at the Cannes Film Festival