Sri Lankan court remands 12 Tamil Nadu fishermen
12 Indian fishermen, who were apprehended by the Sri Lankan Navy from Delft Island were produced in Oorkavalthurai court on 12 September.
The Sri Lankan court has remanded the fishermen in Jaffna jail up to September 26.
Yesterday, 12 Indian fishermen, along with two boats were caught by the Sri Lankan navy and taken to the Kankesanthurai Naval camp for interrogation.
Meanwhile, after the arrest of fishermen Tamil Nadu's Pudukottai district also announced indefinite strike demanding immediate release of their fellowmen.
- Ghaziabad: Businessman's body with bullet injuries found in car
- Sunanda Pushkar death case: Delhi Police ordered to de-seal Hotel Leela's suite
- Rahul Gandhi criticises PM Modi's economic policies
- Justified in a democracy to condemn prime minister: Congress defends Rahul's remarks
- Sasikala sacked as interim general secretary by AIADMK GC meet