Will soon get back to winning ways, believes Punjab's Axar Patel
Kings XI Punjab spinner Axar Patel believes that his team, which is languishing at the sixth spot in the IPL points table, just need to get their combination right to get back into the winning ways.
Kings XI Punjab has won just two out of the six games they have played so far and it now appears a daunting task before them to make a place in the playoffs. However, Axar feels that the team has performed well so far, and have lost in very closely fought contests.
'I think the team has performed well so far. It was just one game where we could not perform well. We are now just focusing on to getting back to the winning ways by getting the combination right,' Axar told ANI.
The left-arm spinner also asserted that right now he is just focusing on performing his best in this edition of the IPL and is not thinking much about grabbing a place in the Champions Trophy.
'Right now I am just focusing on putting my best in the IPL and not thinking too much about the Champions Trophy. I know if I perform well in IPL, I will automatically get selected for the Champions Trophy,' he said. Kings XI Punjab will today take on Gujarat Lions at the Saurashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Rajkot.
- IPL 10, Preview: Kolkata Knigh Riders Vs Royal Challengers Bangalore
- IPL 10, Match Preview: Mumbai Indians vs Kings XI Punjab
- IPL 2017, Preview: Delhi Daredevils Vs Sunrisers Hyderabad
- IPL 2017: RCB thrashes fighting Gujarat Lions by 21 runs
- `Wonderful` MS Dhoni doesn't need to prove anything to anyone: Shane Warne