New Delhi, Apr 5 (PTI) Panic gripped Home Ministry corridors for a short while today when smoke emanated from a balcony in Home Minister Rajnath Singh’s office which was doused within minutes by security personnel.
The incident happened at around 5 PM at the North Block where the Home Minister was holding a meeting with senior officials, sources said.
Upon receiving information about the smoke, CISF personnel posted in the building immediately swung into action and doused the smoke by using fire extinguishers and other equipments.
Sources said a short circuit in the electric wiring triggered the smoke and no one was injured in the incident.
As the smoke was tackled within minutes, there was no move to evacuate the Home Minister and he continued his normal official works, sources said.
This is published unedited from the PTI feed.