1. On The Newshour Debate today, Navika Kumar discloses the big breaking news in the Sushant Singh Rajput Death case. Rhea’s brother Showik Chakraborty and Sushant’s manager Samuel Miranda have been arrested by the Narcotics Control Bureau for their involvement in the controversial drug cartel.
The arrest came in after the due was found to be involved in drug deals. Their financial trails and digital records have been nailed by the Narcotics Bureau and 12 other transactions have also been unearthed. NCB closes in on Rhea’s drug nexus link after her credit card was used for drug payment
Navika Kumar also takes you through the drug chats between the Chakrabortys and Sushant’s aides along with other sensational records.
Is Rhea Chakraborty’s arrest imminent now?
2. Amid the ongoing tension along the LAC with China, Army Chief General Manoj Mukund Naravane reached Ladakh today to review the ongoing security situation along the LAC.
Army Chief General Manoj Mukund Naravane is on a 2-day visit to Ladakh and will be briefed by senior field commanders on the ground situation along the Line of Actual Control (LAC).
During the two day visit, the Army Chief will also review the operational preparedness of the troops who are locked in a standoff with Chinese troops for over three months now.
3. The cancellation of ‘Question Hour’ in parliament’s Monsoon Session has evoked a number of debates and the row has only surged. The TMC government had lashed out at the Centre stating that the cancellation of question hour was a murder of democracy, however, now the West Bengal State Government has also abolished the segment.
Speaker of West Bengal, Vidhan Sabha has confirmed that there will be no question hour in the upcoming West Bengal Assembly Session. The opposition party is also questioning TMC Government's stand on the question hour
Meanwhile, Times Now speaks to the Speaker of West Bengal Legislative Assembly Biman Banerjee over question hour row to which he simply says, ‘There will be no question hour session in the upcoming West Bengal Assembly Session’.
4. A piece of shocking news comes to light from the State of Karnataka, where Actor Ragini Dwivedi has been arrested in the controversial Bengaluru Drug Racket. She was taken into custody after being interrogated for over seven hours by the Crime Branch.
Another person from Delhi names ‘Viren’ has also been booked for his role in the Sandalwood Drug Scandal. At the time of the crime, Viren was in Bengaluru but he later escaped to Delhi, when CBI started investigating the case.
The crackdown for new leads is still underway by the CBI. The Bengaluru Drug scandal has exposed big names in connection with the scandal.
5. After Modi government announced second list banning 118 foreign apps in India, many people expressed their disapproval as the list also included some popular apps like Pubg, Wechat and Baidu. Soon after the ban Akshay Kumar took to twitter to post about the launching of a new action game called FAU-G. Akshay's announcement on launching new gaming app has been trolled by some people on twitter.
The pro-Chinese apps horde has been quick to call out on the copying of Pubg for making this new game which sounds similar to the popular gaming app Pubg. They have raised questions whether banning foreign apps is the solution in making India self-reliant.