Shocking Medical Apathy in Bihar! Doctors Plaster Right Hand of Child Who Suffered Fracture On Left Hand; Probe Ordered

Team Latestly
In another incident of medical apathy, a boy in Bihar's Laheriasarai area was plastered in the right hand instead of the left hand. The negligence on the part of hospital staff and doctors was reported in Darbhanga Medical College and Hospital (DMCH). Reacting to the incident, Dr Raj Ranjan Prasad, superintendent, said that the accused will be punished.

Darbhanga, June 26: Negligence on the part of hospital staff and doctors has resulted in the suffering of a minor boy. In a yet another incident of medical apathy, a boy, Faizan, in Bihar's Laheriasarai area had come to Darbhanga Medical College and Hospital (DMCH) for plaster in the left hand but due to utter carelessness, the plaster was conducted on the right hand.  Medical Apathy in Maharashtra: Lady With Broken Leg Dragged in Bedsheet Due to Lack of Stretchers in Nanded Government Hospital.

Also Read | Bihar: 6 People Including 3 Children Dead, 13 Injured in Two Separate Road Accidents

The incident took place on Tuesday, June 25. The patient's mother told the media that they were not even provided with any medicines and investigation should be done on the issue. "This is utter negligence. We were not even provided with a single tablet by the hospital. An investigation should be done," she said. Medical Apathy: 60-Year-Old Patient Declared Dead by Doctors of Delhi Ganga Ram Hospital, Found Alive While Being Taken for Last Rites. 

Tweet by ANI:

Also Read | Encephalitis in Bihar: Death Toll Due to AES Jumps to 131 in Muzaffarpur


Reacting to the incident, Dr Raj Ranjan Prasad, superintendent, said that "Health Minister has asked me to investigate the matter and seek clarification from the concerned team regarding this negligence. I condemn this incident and I am trying to fix the issue. People involved in the incident will be punished."

In a similar incident, doctors in Kerala’s Malappuram district wrongly performed hernia surgery on a seven-year-old boy instead of a nasal surgery in May. The horrific incident came to light when the patient's parent saw their son treated in the stomach instead of the nasal area. Later, the accused doctors were suspended for the negligence.