Selfie craze; teen killed after touching live wire in TN

·1-min read

Tirunelveli(TN), Nov 19 (PTI) Tragedy stuck a teen here on Thursday when he was electrocuted after climbing atop a goods train to click a selfie, police said.

According to police, 15 year-old M Ganeshwar was the son of a state government quality inspector who was inspecting food grains transported here by a goods train at the railway junction here.

The boy, who had accompanied his father, climbed on the train on a different platform, ignorant of the high tension wire running above, to click a picture of his self.

He came in contact with the live wire with 25,000 volts and died instantly, police said.

His body was sent for a post mortem. PTI SSN SA ROH ROH

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting