It’s official. 2017 is Cardi B‘s year!
The Bronx, N.Y.-born stripper turned rapper’s career has skyrocketed ever since her “Bodak Yellow” single reached No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. While catchy lyrics like “I don’t dance now, I make money moves” makes the record a certified bop, the winged eyeliner and statement lipstick Cardi B wears in the music video for her smash hit is our new makeup goal.
Yahoo Lifestyle challenged New York City-based makeup artist and aesthetician Lakeisha Dale to copy the slick-tongued star’s winged liner. Watch the video above to see how she nailed it, and keep reading below for more details on the full look.
1. Apply eyeshadow primer to help makeup stay put and achieve true color pay-off. Dale’s go-to: Make Up For Ever Aqua XL Color Paint in L-54 Lustrous Taupe.
2. Use a small brush to press Sand from the Sephora Warm Pro Palette onto lids.
3. Swipe Cedar from the same palette into the crease and outer corners to add depth. Pro tip: use tissue to catch any fallout.
4. Draw on black gel eyeliner such as the L’Oréal Paris Infallible Lacquer Eyeliner with a fine-point brush.
5. Trace L’Oréal Paris Infallible Silkissime Eyeliner along the waterline.
6. For a flirty flutter, use Kiss Faux Mink Collection Lashes in Noir.
7. Coat top and bottom lashes with Sigma Black Monumental Lash Mascara. This also helps to bind false eyelashes to your natural set.
8. NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer works great to remove any redness or darkness from natural lip tone.
9. Outline and fill in lips with NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Train Bleu (a deep burgundy).
10. Add MAC Cosmetics Lipstick in Sin (an aubergine) on top for long-lasting color.
Read more from Yahoo Lifestyle:
- ‘It’s handled!’ How to get Olivia Pope’s scandalous smoky eye
- We like that: Get Normani Kordei of Fifth Harmony’s glossy glow
- Ashley Graham levels of sexiness are completely achievable with this smoky eye