From search image to In-app browser, here are top five WhatsApp features coming soon
WhatsApp is constantly updating its platform. The Facebook-owned social messaging app is always testing and adding creative new features that are designed not just to make the conversations on its platform more engaging and fun but are also intended to add more functionality to its app.
Be it fun features like doodle, GIFs and stickers or more necessary ones like live location sharing or the option to delete a message for everyone, even the receiver, these features apart from giving users a creative means to chat with their friends and family also gives them an easy and hassle free way to convey critical information. For example, the pinned chat feature can be extremely helpful in chatting with friends with whom you converse a lot when, especially if you don't want those chat windows to get lost in the slew of chat requests that you get everyday.
Beyond these, WhatsApp of lately is also working on adding features that are aimed to curb one of the pressing issues that the platform is facing - fake news.
So here are five features that are coming to WhatsApp soon:
1) In-app browser: WhatsApp is working on an in-app browser that would notify users of the malicious sites and fake content. The feature that is still in the developmental phase would inform users if a page they open isn't safe to visit.
2) Search Image feature: Another feature in works in the image search feature. This would help users to search an image on Google that they have sent or received. This feature is intended to help users check if an image that they have sent or received is authentic. However, it is still being tested for bugs by the company.
3) Forwarding Info feature: This feature would inform users how many times they have forwarded a particular message. It will be available in the Message Info section of the individual chat windows.
4) Frequently Forwarded feature: On the other hand, the frequently forwarded feature is intended to help WhatsApp users track if a message that they have received has been forwarded over four times. This one, just like the Image Search feature, is intended to help users track if a message they have received contains fake news. It essentially shows a Frequently forwarded label on messages that have been shared over four times.
5) Short Link feature: Unlike all other features mentioned above, the Short Link feature is intended for WhatsApp Business for iOS. It will help businesses create a short link using WhatsApp's WA.ME service, which can then be used by WhatsApp users to chat with businesses directly without a hitch.