Liverpool, February 27: Liverpool appear to be getting closer to completing a deal for RB Leipzig star Timo Werner.
Werner, 23, has been linked with a move to Anfield after a prolific season with the Bundesliga side.
Now, it seems the Germany forward is continuing to take step towards joining the European champions.
TOP STORY - LIVERPOOL OFFER WERNER FIVE-YEAR DEAL
Liverpool have offered Werner a contract until 2025 worth £6.8million (€8m) a season plus bonuses, according La Gazzetta dello Sport journalist Nicolo Schira.
The Premier League club are reportedly ready to pay Werner's release clause of £49m (€58m) before April.
Werner, who recently spoke glowingly about the Premier League club, has 27 goals in 33 games in all competitions this season.
- Manchester United are backing Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. The Sun reports United are preparing a £250m spending spree amid links to the likes of Borussia Dortmund midfielder Jadon Sancho, Aston Villa's Jack Grealish and Leicester City's James Maddison.
- Coming out of contract at the end of the season, Jan Vertonghen seems set to leave Tottenham. The Evening Standard reports Inter have contacted the defender about a potential move.
- Could Marcelo Bielsa be set to leave Leeds United? ElDesmarque reports Real Betis have contacted the Argentinian about his situation, with Leeds chasing promotion to the Premier League.
- Looking to strengthen their defence, Chelsea have made RB Leipzig defender Dayot Upamecano their number one transfer target, according to the Mirror.
- Amid some criticism of Real Madrid over their decision to let Theo Hernandez leave for Milan in July, CalcioMercato reports the 22-year-old Frenchman is happy at the Serie A club, where he has starred this season.