Riquelme flags Boca return

Editors' Picks

Buenos Aires, Nov 14 (IANS) Former Argentina international midfielder Juan Roman Riquelme has flagged the possibility of a comeback with Boca Juniors.

Riquelme quit the Buenos Aires club in July after a 1-3 aggregate loss to Brazil's Corinthians in the Copa Libertadores final, reports Xinhua.

But the 34-year-old said he was open to a return, provided the club wanted him.

"If Boca needs me then I am available," said Riquelme Tuesday.

"By the middle of December I will make a decision. I have to know first if they want me then I will sit down with them and make a decision."

The former Barcelona and Villarreal star said the four-month break from football had left him "in better physical shape than six months ago."

"I am feeling good and have been enjoying things that I previously wasn't able to do," Riquelme said.

Most Popular Stories

  • Flood alert in J-K after heavy rains; Jhelum crosses danger mark

    Flood alert in J-K after heavy rains; Jhelum crosses danger mark

    ANI
    Flood alert in J-K after heavy rains; Jhelum crosses danger mark

    Srinagar, Mar. 30 (ANI): The Jammu and Kashmir Government on Monday issued flood warning following incessant rainfall resulting in rise in water level of Jhelum River. …

  • Baby girl born with 'trunk' labelled as 'Ganesha' in Aligarh

    ANI

    Aligarh (Uttar Pradesh), Mar. 29 (ANI): A baby girl born with a 'trunk' has become the center of attraction in a village in Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh, as people are flocking to see her believing that she is an incarnation of Lord Ganesha. Born on Thursday, the child has a protuberance between her two eyes which people believe resembles the trunk of Lord Ganesha. "My sister-in-law gave birth to a girl at 7:00 a.m. and her face looks exactly like Lord Ganesha. "I believe this baby is an …

  • Cricket: McCullum has no regrets as World Cup dream ends in defeat

    Cricket: McCullum has no regrets as World Cup dream ends in defeat

    AFP
    Cricket: McCullum has no regrets as World Cup dream ends in defeat

    Melbourne, March 29, 2015 (AFP) - New Zealand captain Brendon McCullum said he had no regrets after "one hell of a ride" at the World Cup came to an end with a seven-wicket defeat by Australia in Sunday's final in Melbourne. …

  • Starc's perseverance pays off with Cricket World Cup honors

    Starc's perseverance pays off with Cricket World Cup honors

    Associated Press
    Starc's perseverance pays off with Cricket World Cup honors

    MELBOURNE, Australia (AP) — Months after being labeled "soft" by one of Australia's cricket greats and getting dropped from Australia's test XI, Mitchell Starc has been deservedly voted the player of the World Cup. …

  • Cricket: World Cup triumph a career pinnacle for Clarke

    Cricket: World Cup triumph a career pinnacle for Clarke

    AFP
    Cricket: World Cup triumph a career pinnacle for Clarke

    Melbourne, March 29, 2015 (AFP) - Skipper Michael Clarke shrugged off fitness fears, talk of rifts with team-mates, coach and selectors to spearhead Australia to a fifth World Cup crown. …