Here are the top headlines of the hour:
1. Rahul Shivshankar and Navika Kumar expose the WhatsApp chats and explain how the narrative was working in terms of the 'drug dealing conversation'. It has now come out that Rhea Chakraborty's associates were not only talking about consuming drugs but also dealing the drugs. The conversations have been downloaded from iCould where the messages were stored. The WhatsApp conversations were deleted at first but were later recorded by the investigation agencies.
2. Sushant’s trainer spoke to Times Now and mentioned his conversation with the late actor, wherein the late actor told him that he is taking some medicines for depression and that his performance was decreasing and that the medicines had a negative impact on the late actor’s performance, hinting at the drugs angle.
3. Rhea’s close aide Jaya Saha, who guided Rhea Chakraborty in how to administer the drugs was contacted by Times Now. Rhea and Jaya Saha’s call records have been accessed and according to it, the two women were in contact on June 14th, the day on which Sushant Singh allegedly committed suicide. When Jaya Saha was contacted by Times Now, she didn’t respond to any of the questions posed to her and rather sounded confused. Will CBI question Jaya Saha, it is yet to be known.
4. The CBI has earlier today summoned the I.O and Sub-inspector of the Bandra police for a round of questioning in connection with the Sushant Singh Rajput death case. The CBI has found procedural lapses on the part of Mumbai police and has found that Sushant’s body was not handed over properly. Also, the sanctity of the crime scene has been compromised.
5. Sushant Singh Rajput death case: Times Now confronts the Home Minister of Maharashtra Anil Deshmukh for the second time in the drug angle in Sushant Singh Rajput death case. The first response of the Aghadi government is recorded. Times Now's Kajal Iyer says there is no answer and said he will speak later. There were no answers on the awareness of the drug angle either.