The CoWin platform will open up for registration in the next 48 hours even as Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced that everyone above 18 is now eligible to be vaccinated in the country. RS Sharma, chief of CoWin app, requested that people should register first before turning up to get vaccinated.
"We will open the registration maybe tomorrow or day after…for the entire country," Sharma said. He added that those between 18 and 45 years will have to "book their appointments through those facilities" that would vaccinate this age group. "We are actually requesting those facilities also (to register)," he said.
Citizens can register to get vaccinated through the Co-WIN portal by registering through their phone numbers, after which an OTP is sent to their phone for first step verification.
Here’s what you need to know about how to register for getting vaccinated.
1. A total of four people can be registered to be vaccinated from one phone.
2. One can change, reschedule or cancel appointments to get vaccinated through the Co-WIN app.
3. One can choose to change the centre for taking the second dose of the Covid-19 vaccine under unavoidable circumstances.
4. The system will automatically show you the center list that has the vaccine that was administered to you as first dose.
5. Every vaccination record will be recorded in the backend.
6. A digitally signed certification will be issued upon vaccination. This will be sent to your digital portal and is downloadable from there.
7. The data provided by the citizen for registration to get vaccinated is safe as only name, age and gender are required.
NITI Aayog’s Dr VK Paul said that Prime Minister Narendra Modi took the Covaxin shot on Monday, making it clear to people that there was no reason for doubt. “Vaccine hesitancy is melting, but we still need to pace up. People are ready to fight Covid-19 by getting vaccinated,” he said.