VIDEO SHOWS: REAL MADRID PLAYERS TRAINING, COMMENTS BY COACH ZINEDINE ZIDANE
SENDING WITH COMPLETE SCRIPT
SHOWS: MADRID, SPAIN (JULY 1, 2020) (REAL MADRID TV - MUST NOT OBSCURE LOGO. NO RESALES)
1. REAL MADRID MIDFIELDER FEDERICO VALVERDE VOLLEYING TO GOAL
2. STRIKER KARIM BENZEMA WARMING UP
3. MIDFIELDER CASEMIRO WARMING UP
4. GOALKEEPER THIBAUT COURTOIS WARMING UP
5. (SOUNDBITE) (Spanish) REAL MADRID COACH ZINEDINE ZIDANE, SAYING:
"During these last days Eden (Hazard) has been having discomforts and as always we don't want to risk, he is the first (not willing to risk). We hope it is a minor injury so we can see Eden with us again before the end (of the season). We will see these days, he is going to be sidelined for three or four days due to the discomfort, I hope this will pass soon."
6. FULL BACK MARCELO VIEIRA SCORING GOAL DURING TRAINING SESSION
7. STRIKER RODRYGO SCORING
8. PLAYMAKER JAMES RODRIGUEZ SCORING
9. (SOUNDBITE) (Spanish) REAL MADRID COACH ZINEDINE ZIDANE, SAYING:
"San Mames has always been a complicated stadium for every team that plays there. We know the situation, we know them and we know that we will have to do a great match and we are ready to do it."
10. PLAYERS TRAINING
11. RODRIGUEZ CONTROLLING THE BALL AND SHOOTING / GOALKEEPER MAKING A SAVE
12. PLAYMAKER LUCAS VAZQUEZ SHOOTING
13. PLAYMAKER LUKA MODRIC SCORING
14. MODRIC CELEBRATING
STORY: Real Madrid's Eden Hazard will miss the match against Athletic Bilbao on Sunday (July 5) due to an injury sustained during the club's victory over Espanyol last week.
Real Madrid joint-record signing Hazard has been struggling with injuries this season and coach Zinedine Zidane said he is not willing to risk the Belgium captain and prefer to rest him for three or four more days.
Defender Raphael Varane will also miss Sunday's (July 5) game due to a head injury and Zidane confirmed that Eder Militao will replace him at the San Mames stadium.
Real, who have not won the title since 2017, lead the table on 74 points, four ahead of Barca with five games left, and have a superior head-to-head record over the Catalans which would give them the trophy if both teams finished the season level on points.
Athletic Bilbao are eighth with 48 points.
(Production: Silvio Castellanos)