Ranbir Kapoor finally opens up about his viral photos with Mahira Khan
Viral pictures of Bollywood actor Ranbir Kapoor and Pakistani actress Mahira Khan have taken social media by storm. In the picture, Mahira has been spotted smoking cigarette while wearing a short dress with Ranbir.
After the picture got viral, Mahira was trolled on social media for slut shaming. Many celebrities like Parineeti Chopra, Varun Dhawan, and Ali Zafar supported the Pakistani star on the trailer launch of Golmaal Again.
While talking to news agency PTI Parineeti called it unfair, “I'll just say one line. It's a little unfair. Everybody knows it's unfair and it'll stop. Today, because of social media, everything becomes too big a deal.”
Now after Parineeti, Varun and Ali Jagga Jasoos fame Ranbir Kapoor also issued his statement and said, “ I've gotten to know Mahira in a personal capacity over the last few months. She is somebody who I admire and respect, for her achievements and even more for the person she is. It is very unfair the way she is being judged and spoken about. What is also sad is the inequality in judgment just because she is a woman. I request you to stop the negativity and move on with your beautiful god gifted lives. Peace and love," read his statement. "PS: Both smoking and hate are injurious to health.”
In his statement, Ranbir also added that both smoking and hating is injurious to health.
- Rohit Shetty reveals why 'Golmaal Again' took so long
- Dabangg 3: Salman Khan is yet to give time to Atul Agnihotri
- Box office report: Sanjay Dutt’s Bhoomi outperforms Shraddha Kapoor’s Haseena and Rajkummar Rao’s Newton
- Watch: You will be stunned to see Anushka Sharma's reaction on meeting her ex
- Anushka Sharma denies the reports of opening a restaurant with Virat Kohli.