Rajouri Garden voters annoyed with Jarnail Singh's decision to quit: AAP
With the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leading in the Rajouri Garden by-polls, Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia on Thursday said the trend so far clearly indicates that the voters are still annoyed with Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) MLA Jarnail Singh's decision to quit this assembly seat.
'Seeing the by-poll results, we can make out that the voters are still annoyed with Jarnail Singh's decision of going to Punjab. We are preparing for the upcoming elections. We will keep working for the development of Rajouri Garden,' Sisodia told the media here.
Jarnail Singh quit the Rajouri Garden constituency in order to fight against Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) supremo Parkash Singh Badal from the Lambi seat in the recently held Punjab Assembly elections. However, the AAP legislator failed to mark victory there.
Bharatiya Janata Party ( BJP) candidate Manjinder Singh Sirsa is presently leading in the by-polls by a margin of 14,652 votes.
- Those involved will never expose themselves: Digvijaya Singh on EC's open challenge
- 3 years of 'Operation Meghdoot': A saga of unmatched bravery
- Tamil Nadu: IT files complaint against ministers for obstructing raids at health minister's residence
- By-poll results Live: BJP ahead in New Delhi's Rajouri Garden; Congress leads in Karnataka
- If EVMs were fixed, I wouldn't be the Chief Minister: Amarinder Singh