TOP HEADLINES OF THE DAY:
1. On Frankly Speaking, Kangana Ranaut speaks on Police burying Shiromani Akali Dal leader Manjinder Singh Sirsa's complaint about B-town private party's.
Kangana Ranaut says "Karan Johar is close to Shiv Sena's Aaditya Thackeray and I am not. On Twitter, they keep on tagging each other in tweets. so as being a friend of Aaditya Thackeray, they get special privileges. Whereas our houses get demolished because we raise our voices against injustice. I don't desire to be a part of their circles. They told me to not to come to Mumbai because of my PoK statement. Although, I put a question mark in the end."
2. On Frankly Speaking with Navika Kumar, Kangana Ranaut shares her views on the remarks made my Actor & RS MP Jaya Bachchan. Mrs Bachchan had recently made startling comments in the parliament against the drug nexus that was been exposed in the Sushant Singh Rajput Death Case.
Kangana says, ‘I don’t need to expose the truth, it’s obvious. The film industry was good in the earlier decades, no underworld person gave the money then. Those who turn a blind eye are also criminals. Expectations from heroines are to behave like wives on set. Jayaji had a powerful man by her side’.
3. More than 90 days after Sushant Singh Rajput's death, the forensic team from AIIMS is all set to submit a report of the viscera test that they had conducted.
According to sources, the report confirms the possibility of foul play in the actors death. A five-member medical board of forensic experts of AIIMS was formed in August to look into the autopsy files related to Sushant Singh Rajput's death and conduct viscera test to check for any signs of poisoning, this after the CBI approached the hospital for assistance.
Earlier Gupta, who is leading the team, said that the board will evaluate the injury pattern on Rajput's body and correlate it with circumstantial evidence.
4. India-China LAC Standoff: Amid an ongoing standoff at the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in eastern Ladakh, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh will make a statement in the Rajya Sabha today on the issue of border tensions with China.
Speaking in the Lok Sabha on 15th September, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh said that China had violated the agreements governing the Line of Actual Control (LAC).
India and China have been engaged in a standoff since April-May and China has refused to vacate locations in the Finger area and other friction points in the eastern Ladakh area.
The Opposition has been demanding a discussion on the issue. Congress also walked out of Lok Sabha over the matter on 16th September.
5. Kerala gold smuggling case: A major embarrassment for the Pinarayi Vijayan government as Kerala Minister KT Jaleel is being grilled by the NIA in connections with gold smuggling case.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has also demanded the resignation of Kerala Minister KT Jaleel over his alleged involvement in the gold smuggling case.
However, Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan had on September 14th categorically stated that there is no need for KT Jaleel to be sacked over the incident as the allegations are fabricated.
The Kerala gold smuggling case is being probed by the NIA, Enforcement Directorate and the Customs department, and it pertains to the smuggling of gold in the state through diplomatic channels.
6. Birthday wishes have poured in from all corners of the country for Prime Minister Narendra Damodardas Modi who turned 70 today.
BJP held a Seva Saptah, from September 14 to 20, coinciding with the Prime Minister Narendra Modi's birthday, where it distributed ration amongst the needy, organised blood donation camps and eye-check up camps. One of these 70 programmes included insurance coverage for the people.
Narendra Damodardas Modi became prime minister of the country for the second time in a row when BJP won the Lok Sabha elections in 2019.
Here's a look at Prime Minister Narendra Modi's life so far!