Top headlines of the day:
1. Farmer unions to meet Centre: The Centre invited the 40 protesting farmer unions for the next round of talks on December 30 to find a "logical solution" with "open mind".
2. Stern warning to China: No "meaningful solution" has come out of diplomatic and military level talks with China to resolve the standoff on the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in eastern Ladakh said Defence Minister Rajnath Singh adding that the "status quo" remains.
3. COVID-19: 20 cases of Coronavirus in India have got the UK strain. However the government dispels concerns, saying that the vaccines will work against the new variant as well.
4. Amid simmering tension along the Line of Actual Control (LAC), the Indian Air Force chief, Air Chief Marshal RKS Bhadauria, said on 29 December that any “serious conflict” with India is not good for China at the global front.
5. The century old Kerala Church dispute experienced interference from the Prime Minister to come to a mutual conclusion. PM Modi held discussions with representatives of the Jacobite Syrian Christian Church in New Delhi in an attempt to resolve the century-old dispute between two Kerala based Syrian church groups.
6. Superstar Rajinikanth's political advisor and founder of Gandhiya Makkal Iyakkam, Tamilaruvi Manian on 30 December announced that he has quit politics. Rajinikanth was earlier expected to launch a political party in January 2021.
7. Sena's scathing attack on BJP: Slams BJP over Enforcement Directorate probe via mouthpiece, asks "Why only target opposition leaders?".
8. Army salutes Sainik school braveheart. Cadet Amit Raj lauded for sacrificing life while saving the lives of three children.
9. North India reels under cold wave. Delhi records season's lowest at 3.4 degree