Jaipur, April 13: The election results for Rajasthan bypoll 2017 will be declared today. The counting will begin at 8 am and the first trends will start to come at 9 am. The election results are a precursor to the main assembly elections in 2018. This is the reason why the two main contestants– the BJP and Congress–pressed its stars into electioneering.
For the Congress party, Sachin Pilot burnt the midnight oil as he stayed in the constituency for 18 days and campaigned for the party. He addressed over 200 public meetings. He expressed confidence of a win. The party had performed badly in 2013 and 2014. These elections can reverse Congress’s fortunes.
Meanwhile, the BJP is confident of a win under the leadership of Vasundhara Raje. She camped in the city along with many of her ministers.
If you want to catch the results lightening quick, here is what you need to do.
- Long on to www.India.com for live by-poll results.
- Check results on the Election Commission website.
All you need to know about polls
Some important points regarding bypoll.
- Dholpur’s former MLA Banbari Lal Kushwaha was removed from his post after he was sentenced for life in a murder case.
- The notification was issued on March 14 for the elections.
- The last date for nomination was March 21
- 15 candidates are contesting the election.
- Polling will happen on April 9.
- Results will be announced on April 13.
- The process of elections will have to completed by April 15.
- The Bharatiya Janata Party and the Congress are the main contestants.
- In 2013, BSP’s Kushwaha had defeated Banwari Lal Sharma of the Congress party.
- Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje has rendered the election a high profile by campaigning there vigorously for days besides getting most of her ministers to canvass intensively in her home turf.