Rahul Gandhi calls for 'strategic, decisive action' against terrorist attacks
With the nation in mourning the death of three Indian Army soldiers, killed in a terrorist attack on an Army camp in Kupwara, Jammu and Kashmir, Congress vice-president on Thursday called for a 'strategic and decisive action' to meet with such repeated attacks.
Taking to the twitter, Gandhi said, 'Repeated terrorist attacks, esp on army camps is extremely worrying. Must be met with strategic & decisive action. My heartfelt condolences to the families of our three brave soldiers martyred in the Kupwara attack.'
Repeated terrorist attacks, esp on army camps is extremely worrying. Must be met with strategic & decisive action— Office of RG (@OfficeOfRG) April 27, 2017
My heartfelt condolences to the families of our three brave soldiers martyred in the Kupwara attack— Office of RG (@OfficeOfRG) April 27, 2017
Meanwhile, reports of stone pelting have emerged from locations close to the site of the Army camp attack.
At least three soldiers including an Army officer lost their lives in the attack. The injured soldiers were airlifted to Army's 92 Base Hospital for treatment.
Two terrorists were eliminated and combing operations were launched to ensure no untoward elements were left in the vicinity. The political fraternity has come together in condemning the attack and paying tribute to the slain soldiers.
- Meghalaya: Villagers find alternate source of income in 'traditional weaving'
- EVMs used in polls to be taken into custody: Uttarakhand HC
- Rajnath, Jaitley, Sonia condole actor-politician Vinod Khanna's death
- Kupwara attack: 'Desperate' Pak will get befitting reply, assures J-K Deputy CM Nirmal Singh
- Jiah Khan suicide case: Sooraj Pancholi files reply against Rabia's fresh application