RESENDING TO ADD FILE OF SEBASTIAN VETTEL AND TO UPDATE SCRIPT
VIDEO SHOWS: SCREEN SHOT OF STATEMENT UPLOADED TO F1 DRIVER SERGIO PEREZ'S TWITTER FEED ANNOUNCING HE WILL BE LEAVING RACING POINT AT THE END OF THE SEASON / FILE OF PEREZ WITH CURRENT TEAM MATE LANCE STROLL UNVEILING THE 2020 AND 2019 RACING POINT CARS / FILE OF SEBASTIAN VETTEL AT A FERRARI EVENT / FILE OF SEBASTIAN VETTEL AND CHARLES LECLERC AT EVENT TO UNVEIL FERRARI'S SF1000 CAR
INTERNET (SEPTEMBER 9, 2020) (TWITTER /@SChecoPerez - ACCESS ALL) (MUTE)
1. SCREEN SHOT OF F1 DRIVER, SERGIO PEREZ'S, TWITTER FEED WITH A STATEMENT ANNOUNCING PEREZ IS LEAVING RACING POINT ALONG WITH MESSAGE WRITTEN IN ENGLISH AND SPANISH READING:
"I have something to announce to you… Thank you for your support all these years!"
2. SCREEN SHOT OF THE STATEMENT IN ENGLISH
3. SCREEN SHOT OF STATEMENT IN SPANISH
MONDSEE, AUSTRIA (FILE - FEBRUARY 17, 2020 (RACING POINT VIDEO NEWS RELEASE - NO RESALES)
4. RACING POINT DRIVERS LANCE STROLL (LEFT) AND SERGIO PEREZ (RIGHT) UNVEILING THE 2020 CAR (MUSIC)
5. DETAILS OF NEW CAR (MUSIC)
6. TEAM PRINCIPAL, OTMAR SZAFNAUER, SPEAKING DURING PRESENTATION (NOT A SOUNDBITE)
7. VARIOUS CLOSE-UPS OF CAR AS ANNOUNCER SPEAKS
TORONTO, ONTARIO, CANADA (FILE - FEBRUARY 13, 2019) (RACING POINT VIDEO NEWS RELEASE - NO RESALES)
8. VARIOUS OF SERGIO PEREZ (LEFT) AND LANCE STROLL (WEARING CAP) UNVEILING NEW 2019 RACING POINT F1 LIVERY ON AN ADAPTED 2018 CAR (3 SHOTS)
SCARPERIA E SAN PIERO, ITALY (FILE - JUNE 2020) (FERRARI HANDOUT - ACCESS ALL)
9. FERRARI'S SEBASTIAN VETTEL SPEAKING DURING A FERRARI EVENT (NOT A SOUNDBITE)
REGGIO EMILIA, ITALY (FILE - FEBRUARY 11, 2020) (FERRARI HANDOUT - ACCESS ALL)
10. VETTEL AND CURRENT TEAM MATE CHARLES LECLERC ON STAGE AT EVENT TO UNVEIL FERRARI'S SF1000 CAR AT THE ROMOLO VALLI THEATRE
11. WIDE OF VETTEL SPEAKING AT EVENT
12. VETTEL SPEAKING (NOT A SOUNDBITE)
13. MORE OF PRESENTATION
14. VETTEL SPEAKING (NOT A SOUNDBITE)
15. MORE OF PRESENTATION
STORY: Mexican driver Sergio Perez will leave Racing Point at the end of the Formula One season, he and the team announced on Wednesday (September 9), with four-times world champion Sebastian Vettel to replace him.
An announcement on Vettel came early on Thursday (September 10) at Mugello, the Ferrari-owned circuit near Florence that this weekend hosts the Tuscan Grand Prix and Ferrari's 1,000th world championship race.
Ferrari had already said the German, who won his titles with Red Bull between 2010-13, is being replaced by Spaniard Carlos Sainz from McLaren next year.
Racing Point, who use Mercedes engines and will be renamed Aston Martin from 2021, were always Vettel's best option with the team currently fourth overall.
(Production: Kurt Michael Hall)