Racing Point chief Otmar Szafnauer absolved Sergio Perez of blame after the driver's positive coronavirus test, but he suggested Formula One should consider implementing a permanent 'bubble' this season.
Perez will miss this weekend's British Grand Prix having contracted COVID-19 between the Hungarian Grand Prix two weeks ago and the latest round at Silverstone.
During that time he returned to Mexico to visit his mother, who had been in hospital.
The 30-year-old, whose seat for this week has been filled by Nico Hulkenberg, said he had followed all the protocols and Szafnauer defended his driver's trip, despite Mexico being one of the worst-affected countries by the global pandemic.
"I think it's no different to Ferrari going back to Italy," Szafnauer said in a video news conference.
"There are many people that are in hotspots all around the world. A big contingent of our factory live in Northampton, and Northampton was shut down as well."
In other sports, such as basketball and cricket, organisations have implemented 'bubbles' which players and support staff must remain within between competing to minimise the risk of someone contracting coronavirus.
Szafnauer sees the merit in such a method, even if F1 operates within bubbles at actual races.
"In hindsight, perhaps we should look at that, change the code and say throughout the season you stay within your bubble," said the Racing Point team principal and CEO.
"I don't know. That's something for the FIA [motorsport's world governing body] to consider."
Even without Perez, Racing Point had a fine day at Silverstone on Friday as Lance Stroll was fastest of all drivers in the Free Practice 2 session.
Hulkenberg, whose return was only confirmed on Friday morning, placed seventh.