Toronto, July 10 (ANI): The death toll in the Quebec train disaster is suspected to rise to almost 60 as it is being said to be one of the worst train crash in recent Canadian history.
Earlier on Saturday, an oil carrier train slammed into Lac-Megantic and glided downhill along the tracks.
Lieutenant Michel Brunet, from the Surete du Quebec, said the number of dead at the Musi-Cafe alone could be between 40 and 60.
The Globe and Mail reports that it could take weeks before number of deaths are known because of the extent of the damage in the downtown, which is said to be an active crime scene by the police.
Lt. Brunet said that they will have to pump out all the fuel and water to find out if there's a body underneath.
Transportation Safety Board (TSB) officials said that they are still trying to determine the cause of the crash. (ANI)