Punjab CM Badal to resign tomorrow
With the Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) performing miserably in the Punjab Assembly polls, Chief Parkash Singh Badal will tender his resignation tomorrow.
"Tomorrow I will go to Chandigarh and will submit my resignation to the Governor (V.P.Singh Badnore)," Badal told ANI.
Badal, who won from the Lambi seat defeating Congress leader Captain Amarinder Singh, further said that his party would introspect the reasons for the dismal show in Punjab this time.
"We will discuss the reasons in the core committee meeting and will also analyze each aspect of our performance in the elections," he said.
Badal has defeated Singh by 22,770 votes from the Lambi assembly seat.
- Assembly elections 2017: Congress leading in Manipur, BJP puts up spirited performance
- 'We live in soul of India': Congress spokesperson Randeep Surjewala
- Assembly election: Ecstatic after win, Captain Amarinder Singh dubs AAP as 'ineffective' summer storm
- Assembly election 2017: BJP ahead in 55 seats in Uttarakhand
- Assembly election: Congress leads in 50 seats in Punjab as per early trends