Punjab: Captain Amarinder Singh to take oath as CM today
Captain Amarinder Singh, who led the Congress party to victory in Punjab after a decade, will be sworn-in as the Chief Minister today for the second time.
Governor VP Singh Badnore will administer the oath of office and secrecy to Singh at Raj Bhawan in Chandigarh.
Singh will take oath with nine cabinet ministers including Navjot Sidhu, Manpreet Badal and Charanjit Channi at 10 am.
Cricketer-turned-politician Sidhu may land up with the post of deputy CM in the new Cabinet. However, there has been no confirmation about the same yet.
Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi and former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will attend the ceremony.
According to media reports, Brahm Mohindra, Tript Rajinder Singh Bajwa, Rana Gurjit Singh and Sadhu Singh Dharamsot will also be sworn in as Cabinet ministers.
The Congress secured 77 out of 117 seats in the state Assembly polls making a strong comeback after a decade.
The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) won 20 seats on debut and emerged as the second largest party in the Punjab Assembly.
The Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD)-Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) alliance fared the worst with 18 seats.
--With ANI inputs
- Sector specific measures will be taken to deal with decline of NPAs, says Arun Jaitley
- As 'lotus' blooms in Manipur, will the Naga issue be solved?
- Hopeful we'll be able to pick up from where we left: Mufti on Indo-Pak ties
- Rajasthan: Sukhoi-30MKI aircraft crashes in Barmer, pilot safe
- Digvijaya Singh asks Rane to explain his meeting with Parrikar