Malayalam-Hindi director Priyadarshan has finally reacted to Telugu director AR Murugadoss criticism over the results of 64th National Film Awards. The veteran director, was the main Jury Chairman at the recently announced national film awards.
Earlier, Catch had reported that AR Murugadoss has expressed his disappointment over the results and called it as biased results.
On Wednesday, speaking to the media, Priyadarshan strongly reacted to Murugadoss' comment. He said, "Murugadoss would not have seen any film that received the award this year. He does not have any standing to comment on the awards".
Priyadarshan also revealed the real reason over Aamir Khan's omission in the list of best actors contenders along with Akshay Kumar and Malayalam actor Mohanlal.
"Aamir Khan's name was not considered for the award because he skipped the National Awards distribution ceremony when his film Taare Zameen Par was selected as the Best Film on Family Welfare on 2008. Whereas Akshay Kumar was selected as the Best Actor for his best performance in 'Rustom' and 'Airlift' but as per the rule book only one film should be named for the best actor award."
- Kerala Box Office : Mammootty's Puthan Panam gets mixed response
- Fortunate to start my acting career with Mohanlal sir, says 1971 Beyond Borders actress Priyanka Agrawal
- I'm not doing any film with Akshay Kumar. My next films will star Ajay Devgn and Abhishek Bachchan, reveals Priyadarshan
- Mohanlal plays a college principal in the Lal Jose film
- Kerala Box Office: Take Off continued its good run despite the release of The Great Father and 1971 Beyond Borders