16 Mar 2021: Prince Philip leaves London hospital after a month
Queen Elizabeth II's husband, Prince Philip (99), has reportedly left the London hospital where he had been receiving treatment for the past month.
The Duke of Edinburgh was admitted to King Edward VII's Hospital on February 16 after he felt unwell.
Later, the duke briefly transferred to a different hospital, St Bartholomew's, where he underwent a successful procedure for a pre-existing heart condition.
Details: Duke spent 28 nights at hospital
Prince Philip left King Edward VII's hospital and returned to Windsor Castle, reports said on Tuesday.
The duke stayed at the hospital for 28 nights, his longest-ever stay in the hospital.
The exact reason for his initial admission was not disclosed. However, Buckingham Palace said the illness was not related to the coronavirus and that the duke was being treated for an infection.
Hospital: Prince Philip was visited by son Charles in hospital
While at King Edward VII's, the duke was visited by his son Charles, the Prince of Wales. The hospital is a private clinic in central London and it has treated several members of the British Royal Family.
He was briefly transferred to St Bartholomew's to undergo a successful procedure for a pre-existing heart condition on March 3.
Fact: Prince Philip, Queen received COVID-19 vaccine shots in January
Prince Philip and the Queen (94) spent the recent COVID-19 lockdown in England at Windsor Castle along with a small group of household staff. The couple also received their first shots of the COVID-19 vaccine in January.
Background: Prince Philip retired from royal duties in 2017
Prince Philip had retired from royal duties back in 2017.
At the time, he had joked that he was the "world's most experienced plaque unveiler."
Over the years, he had received treatment for various health conditions, including a blocked coronary artery in 2011, a bladder infection in 2012, and exploratory surgery on his abdomen in June 2013.
Recent news: Prince's hospitalization coincided with Harry-Meghan interview
While Prince Philip was hospitalized, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex gave a bombshell interview to American talk show host Oprah Winfrey.
In an unprecedented move, the Sussexes had stepped back from royal duties early-last year.